Do you want to make a positive difference in West Berkshire?
Are you interested in the rights and wellbeing of young people?
Are you happy to share your views?
Volunteering with Healthwatch West Berkshire Youth could be for you!
Healthwatch West Berkshire, is your local consumer champion for health and social care services. We gather your views and take it to those who deliver and commission services. We are committed members of the community who have the authority to make your views heard and campaign for change. We need YOU to help the young people of West Berkshire be heard!
How can you volunteer?
- Mystery Shopper
Visiting Health Services to look at what they are doing well and what could be improved.
- Media Team
Develop, create and update Healthwatch Youth Twitter and Facebook accounts
- Community Engagement
Represent & promote Healthwatch West Berkshire at events, your college/school and any other places YOU think we should be at, hearing the young people of West Berks.
What can you get from volunteering with Healthwatch West Berkshire Youth?
- Get valuable work experience
- Have your say and become part of decision making processes
- Learn more about what is happening in your area
- Meet new people
- Help or support a cause that matters to young people (like sexual health or mental illness)
- Work that maybe used in your portfolio towards a qualification you are currently working towards (if appropriate)
What else do you need to know?
- Travel expenses will be paid, if appropriate to the role/task you are conducting on behalf of Healthwatch West Berkshire Youth.
- You will be fully supported by staff at Healthwatch West Berkshire
- Various training opportunities will be available ( some will be mandatory)
- You will agree and sign a volunteer code of conduct.
- Opportunity to learn more about Healthwatch and young people’s rights
- We expect you to participate in a minimum of 10 voluntary hours over 6 months
- This is a time commitment outside of School/College
- You will be required to have an informal interview if your application is successful and provide 2 references that are not a close friend or relative.
- You must be under 21 years of age.
If you would like to express an interest in volunteering for us then fill out the application form by clicking HERE, or contact us via any of the following for further information.
Call: 01635 886 210