Find and choose the right services

Carer Services

Action for Carers

Provides help for parent carers of disabled children under the age of 18.

01483 302 748
01483 303 958
Age UK

Are you a carer? Whether you care from a distance or are a live-in carer for a partner or relative, find out about your rights, the support available to you and how to continue your caring role while keeping yourself in good health.

0800 169 6565
Carer’s Allowance

A benefit, administered by the Department for Works & Pensions for people aged over 16 who regularly spend at least 35 hours a week caring for a severely disabled person. the disabled person must be in receipt of Attendance Allowance or Disability Living Allowance (middle or higher rate).

If the carer works, they must work less than 16 hours per week and earnings after allowable expenses must not exceed £95 per week.

0800 882 200
Carers Trust

A world where the role and contribution of unpaid carers is recognised and they have access to the quality support and services they need to live their own lives. Includes finding a care service near you.
Carers UK

Offers support and advice to hundreds of carers every day.

0808 808 7777
Cross Road Care Reading

Most of us juggle busy lives, but if you also look after a relative or friend who is ill, frail or disabled, you probably find it extremely difficult to have a full life of your own. Crossroads Care can help.

0118 945 4209
Dementia Web

When someone you care about has dementia you will probably find there are times when you need some emotional or practical support. You may find yourself in the role of primary carer for a loved one, or find yourself feeling sidelined. from coping with unusual behaviours. Dementia Web contains information on difficult behaviour, or talk to someone who understands dementia face to face, on the telephone or online, this section aims to help you find the support you need.

0845 120 4048

Provide enhanced care and support for adults with physical disability, neurological conditions and acquired brain injuries. Home Care One-to-one support in the Community Advocacy.

01635 523 410
Disability & Carers Service

The Disability and Carers Service is part of the Department for Work
and Pensions. It is here to give financial help to disabled people and

Find Me Good Care

Explains the process of arranging care, who does what, how the council assesses your needs for care and also how they decide whether or not you are eligible for council-funded care.